Pre-War Gibson L-5 Owners' Club




contact us at




Year shipped: 1926

Serial Number: 80569

FON: 8358

Headstock: Diagonal 'The Gibson' logo, aftermarket ‘Mono-Plak’ truss rod cover (this is not a Gibson part) reads ‘Johnny Temple’. Non-original tuners

Neck/fingerboard: 20-fret fingerboard with pointed end, dot inlay starts at the third fret

Body: Maple back and sides

Hardware: Silver-plated metal parts including wrap-over tailpiece. No pickguard and replacement ebony bridge


Notes: The guitar has been totally refinished. There is a repaired back crack and an area of binding has been replaced on the bass side of the headstock




Photograph courtesy of Stan Werbin (


80569 full front 80569 full back 80569 head front 80569 head back 80569 heel 80569 tail